How Much I Love Being A Husband

by - December 14, 2014

I'm not surprised you're rushing to read this, but tell you what, take your time, this might be a while. It's not surprising that I share this with you, it might be for a new reader to our blog. This man is so full of life and love that its wrong to keep all inside. Well, here we go, grab a cup of coffee, or your favorite glass of grape extracts... And walk with me.

                                      
We've been married for a year, going on two, but it feels like a lifetime. What makes our marriage so special and simply unique is how much we've allowed God to work in our lives, and the constant love and support from our family and close friends, I know you've heard that before, so what makes me want to write so much about loving being a husband? Simple answer, this beautiful woman I married, Lilian.


I must admit the transition from being single, to being a boyfriend, to being a Fiance, to being a Husband is different in each stage, and each stage has its requirements for survival. I'm proud to say or brag that I have passed all the stages. With each stage, I took notes on my weaknesses, and what I can do to make them better. Sometimes I failed, other times I made it by the skin of my teeth in correcting my weaknesses, but the positive transformation and the man I've become shows that I'm fallible and human.


I've seen the growth in me. I have seen the evolution of my happiness, and constant joy and love that this queen has brought to my life. At the boyfriend stage, my ultimate goal was to show that i was a suitable candidate for a lifetime. I must admit, I thought I had to "not be myself" to impress my Queen. I was wrong, she is so easygoing, and cool, mellow, goes with-the-flow that life was "too good to be true". I didn't have to go out of my way to please her. I knew within the first days of our relationship that she was the one for me.


We got to know each other more and more, just as we still do, and we talked about our goals, and expectations in life, how much we care and love our families, and how much we'd love to raise a family; so, we moved to the Fiance stage. A beautiful traditional engagement to make our relationship  official. I love the fact that within a year we began to date, we were in our first semester of a Masters program, and had seen the Caribbean and Miami together; quite an accomplishment.



I remember taking an hour to 2 hour class on selecting a ring for my Queen, and feeling excited, and happily nervous of the beautiful growth and transformation I was going through. Trust that at times I thought I was dreaming, but it was and still is reality.

Planning our wedding was quite an experience. On our big day, it felt so good, so good to our families and loved ones all together to celebrate our union. So festive, so glamorous, so close in Love, and unity, I can still feel the emotions goosebumps my skin. The colors, the smiles, the music, the dancing, our kiss, our closeness on the dance floors, and our dream come true.


I became a husband that beautiful, rainy morning day. A day God had incepted before we were both born. A day neither our parents knew but believe will come to pass. Since then, I have become the happiest man on earth. Actually, I might have to contact Guinness Book of Records.

                           
I Love being Loved by my Queen, and I Love living and Loving for her, her love is my strength, the compassion builds on to my dreams to become the man of her dreams.  She's determined, and a constant go-getter, I've learned so much from her, she's made me look at life from a simple and elegant perspective. Always intuitive, and a heart of Gold with room for everyone she meets. Living and Loving her, growing each grey hair at a time with her teaches me how much to treasure life and how important relationships are.
                            

I haven't talked about her food yet. I haven't talked about her unique sense of fashion yet, neither have I take about her beautiful talent of sleep. She sleeps like a new born baby. But I love our bond so much, and I'm grateful to God for bringing Lilian into my Life.

As I write this, she's sound asleep as we vacation in St.Thomas. The view is breathtaking, I gotta go. If you're a new husband, my advice to you is to feel your pulse/or your heartbeat, and Love at every beat. If you are in there other 2 stages described earlier, Love is a beautiful thing, work at it everyday, and it gets better and better. If you are looking for a husband, I'm happily taken, just as God, and don't stop asking, He'll send you yours.
                          


Thank You For Reading,

Love Always,


















You May Also Like

0 comments

We Love comments!!!