Stay Positive In Hardships

by - April 20, 2014

It's been a tough week at work, and I have been so eager to get off work today/ so much so that I got to work early this morning anticipating to be of. 


Woke up bright an early, and set of to work on a beautiful Easter morning. I kept saying to myself "It's Easter Sunday and I can't wait to go home for a surprise meal my love plans to cook, and most importantly reflect on the relevance of this day"
 
So, I leave work, get in my car, started this salty and sultry engineering genuinity, for some reason, it took a sometime to start, hm, I said,  but I didn't make anything out of it. Maybe I should have allowed sometime for the engine to oil it's loins I thought.

Approximately 10 minutes into my highly anticipated peaceful ride home, my car jerks every so often, so I decide to pull into the slow lane and I then turn on my hazard lights. At this moment, I begin to think safety first, at the same time I imagine the sweet aroma and the beautiful smile that awaits me at home, hmmmmm. 

Soon after, this car looses it's knack for speed, and gradually, lazily, slowly and slowly defeats the purpose of my foot on the gas pedal, we come to a safe stop- whew! Thank God.

I'm optimistic to get home safe. I have my wife to update her on my situation and a good pal o ours is in his way. I'm sitting here waiting, my hazard lights are on, it's not too cold here, so I'm warm and drenched in optimism. 

This moment is reflective for me, and it's taught me relevance on the unpredictability of life, and most importantly the beauty of staying positive. God has blessed us so much that on Resshrrection day, it feels so good to say  that He's Risen, and so are we all.

My good -ol pal is here, and this evening just got better. Heading home for Love by God's grace.

You May Also Like

0 comments

We Love comments!!!